Skip to content

Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) Services

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a nine-digit number required for non-resident aliens to file taxes with the IRS. Many payers of income to Non-resident individuals are required to withhold U.S. tax on the income.  As a result, a non-resident individual with U.S.-source income needs an ITIN in order to file a U.S. tax return (Form 1040-NR) and obtain a refund. In other cases, a non-resident may seek to file taxes with a spouse who is a citizen or resident alien, be a dependent of a U.S. citizen or resident alien or be in a partnership that invests in the U.S.. In these and other scenarios, taxpayers may request an ITIN directly from the IRS.  Unfortunately, this process requires an individual to submit a Form W-7 to the IRS with  an original passport or other significant important identification documents and wait weeks for those documents to be returned.  This could severely impact an individual's ability to travel internationally.

Rothbard & Company offers an alternative. As Certified Acceptance Agents (CAAs), our professionals are able to walk you through the application process and facilitate correspondence with the IRS on your behalf.  Authorized by the IRS, one of our CAAs will process your W-7 application, including the review and certification of necessary documents and ensure your request reaches the appropriate authorities.

While a passport is usually sufficient, if one is not available, two or more documents from the following list will be required:

  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Photo Identification
  • Visa issued by U.S Department of State
  • Government Issued Driver’s License
  • Foreign Military ID Card
  • U.S. Military ID Card
  • National Identification Card
  • United States State ID Card
  • Civil Birth Certificate
  • School Records (valid for dependent’s under 14 years of age)
  • Medical Records (valid for dependent’s under 14 years of age)
  • Foreign Voter’s Registration Card

Contact us to learn more about the W-7 (ITIN) application process and how a Rothbard & Company CAA can assist you.

Contact Us

Client Portal

Access our secure Client Portal

We Are Here to Help

We will happily offer you a free consultation to determine how we can best serve you. Contact Us

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe to our monthly emailed newsletter to receive news, updates, and valuable tips. Subscribe